There was something satisfying about using a high-powered staple gun to insert tacks around the base of the chair to secure the newly sewn and stretched fabric seat cover. I felt real accomplishment when this task was complete and I could then trim away the excess fabric. A glue gun was my friend when it was time to adhere a cream, braid gimp trim around the base of the seat cushion to hide the tacks. I took care to adhere the braid trim evenly and straight around the chair base. The result was a finished off look. I could have used a double-welt at the base instead of braid trim; but, I decided to go for a more delicate, feminine approach, consistent with the petite size of the chair and the floral fabric I'd selected.